Just like every year, digital marketing professionals are searching for the next top trends to generate awesome results and get ahead in the year to come.
And just like every single year, we look for ways to be unique, to make sure that our content reaches the right audience at the right time. With the number of bloggers increasing around the globe, it’s even more important to research and develop riveting content. This is the only way to make it stand apart from the rest.
According to a 2016 study by Content Marketing Institute, B2C marketers ranked the following as top content priorities:
- 73% mentioned that they want to generate more engaging content.
- 55% want to create more visual content.
- 44% say that better re-purposing of content is a must.
And as luck would have it, there’s a way all the three priorities mentioned above can be covered while incorporating something we all know our audience craves: visual content marketing.
Are you still thinking how you’ll incorporate visual content marketing into your 2017 strategy?
Check out the list below for three ways to rely on visuals this year to drive results:
Convert Heavy Content into Visual Stories
People (including our consumers and prospects) absorb an enormous amount of content every minute of the day. That means long and heavy written content may not be enough if you want to see assets like blogs, e-Books, or data truly drive traffic and convert leads.
Marketers have an endless number of ways to distribute content more visually. For example, content can be repurposed into:
- Infographics: Guide your readers through numbers and data.
- Social media: Generate content visuals for Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest, or turn to image-heavy networks like Instagram and Snapchat.
- Presentations: Modify content into a presentation format to upload to SlideShare or embed in a blog post.
Crowdsource! Get User-Generated Imagery from your Audience.
Most of us, if not all, are visual learners and we may need a graphic representation of a product or service to truly understand it’s value.
There’s no better way to show your potential customers the way your product or service is used than by asking your existing loyal customer base.
It’s common-knowledge that most consumers trust peer recommendations over standard content. Apart from this, there are quite a lot of benefits for user generated content:
- Improved SEO.
- Provides social evidence.
- Helps generate and grow brand trust.
- Leverages customer relationships to nurture loyalty.
Get on the Video Trend
When you think of visual content, you may be imagining infographics, static images and illustrations. But what about kicking into the top gear with video content?
In the last few years, we’ve seen video marketing make it almost to the top of every trend roundup list. The benefits of video marketing are clear: 90% of consumers say that videos help them in the purchasing decision. Furthermore, 36% of online consumers indicate they trust video ads.
Video is highly shareable and can be used on the following:
- On social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- On website pages to show product demos, customer testimonials, answer frequently asked questions and so much more.
- Offline, such as in your office lobby or at a trade show booth.
- On USB ports as a digital leave-behind.
- Landing pages to further explain the offer
This year, make visual content a priority to drive results and increase conversion rates. Most importantly, give your customers and prospects what they want to see.
Do you want to know more on how to generate more sales online? Download our marketing guide and brace yourself for increased conversion rates!